Blaine Youth Hockey Association (BYHA) is a structured organization affiliated with USA Hockey and Minnesota Hockey (MH). It is instituted to provide fun and development at various levels of hockey within a structured environment for the youth of the community. We will strive to keep costs at a reasonable level while providing each player with an opportunity to become the best player and person they can aspire to be. To accomplish this, BYHA provides an organization where youths ages 3-18, currently residing within the Blaine High School boundaries, can play organized hockey.
BYHA provides an Initiation Program (Mites) that provides the younger players with a place to have fun and learn the game of hockey. BYHA also provides additional levels as numbers dictate.
The Traveling Program provides for fun and development but is also competitive and requires more commitment and expense.
Mite Initiation Volunteer Opportunities!
The Mite Initiation Skate sessions have been set and we are in need of volunteers to check in the kids and direct them to their locker rooms. Each family in BYHA is required to complete a minimum of 5 hours of volunteer time.
Please go to the Volunteer section of this website to sign up for your hours. The dates of the Initiation Skates are 10/11-12/2014 and 10/25-26/2014. Please remember that in order to volunteer with the kids at the arena, USA Hockey requires you take the Safe Sport course on their website.
I am posting this message for all Coaches, Volunteers and Board Members over the age of 18. There is a NEW Mandatory USA Hockey Safesport Training you will have to complete prior to your services to BYHA. I am encouraging all parents to take this as well. Below is a small explanation as to what Safesport is.
USA Hockey SafeSport is the organization's program related to off-ice safety. USA Hockey has long had systems in place to protect its participants from physical abuse, sexual abuse and other types of abuse and misconduct that can be harmful to youth hockey players and other participants.
This program is a FREE, 90 minute training module that can be done online. It will cover you for 2 years then there is just a short "refresher" course you will have to take.
How to Register for Training
To register for training:
1. You’ll need your USA Hockey membership number (confirmation number from your online registration as a Player/Coach or Manager/Volunteer) or your Referee number. If you don’t know your USA Hockey membership number (confirmation number) you can access by clicking here – under Member Options, click on ‘Request Duplicate Registration Confirmation.’
2. If you don’t have a USA Hockey membership number you can get one by processing your Manager/Volunteer Registration for the 2014-15 season. It’s easy to do and there’s no charge. Go to www.usahockeyregistration.com and click on ‘Register Now’…check that you are over 18 and select Ice Manager/Volunteer. At the end of the process you will immediately receive your confirmation number.
3. Click on the following link to register for SafeSport Training: http://training.teamusa.org/accounts/register. You will then be asked for your email address, to create a user name and password, and to select and answer a security question. In the drop down menu for “Select Organization,” if you are a coach, volunteer, or player be sure to select USA Hockey; if you are a referee, be sure to select USA Hockey Officials. You will then be asked for your membership number which is your USA Hockey confirmation number or your referee number. Next click on the red save button on the bottom right side of the page. You will only need to register the first time to set up the account. Once the account is set up, you will sign in using your email address and password.
Obtaining your SafeSport Completion Certificate
1. Log in on website http://training.teamusa.org
2. Click on “Your Courses”
3. Click on USA Hockey SafeSport Course
4. Click on “download certificate” (underneath
the “launch course” button) 5. Save and print certificate and send to Nancy Manthis, Registrar, at email@example.com.
Any questions can be directed to me. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused.
BENGAL CUB AND INHOUSE REGISTRATION NOW AVAILABLE!
Registration for Bengal Cubs and Inhouse (Mite & U8) is now available online!
To register for Bengal Cubs, click the "BYHA Registration(s)" link above or simply click here.
To register for Inhouse, click the "BYHA Registration(s)" link above or simply click here.
To view and print the Bengal Cub schedule, click here.
To view and print the Inhouse Initiation Schedule, click here.
New this year is a partnership with Dave's Sports Shop where all new players will receive a voucher that can be used to purchase a set of new equipment (minus skates, stick and cup/pelvic protector). The vouchers will be emailed to all new players within a few days of registering.
If you have any questions about the Bengal Cub program or the Inhouse program, please click here to view our FAQ's. Any additional questions can be directed to Brian Bunes, Inhouse Director, at
Fogerty Arena is looking for help with the concession stand for the 2014-15 season. This has been a great program that Fogerty runs that benefits the family's of Blaine Youth Hockey. If you've been waiting for a chance to participate in the program now is the time to get your name in. To find out more about the opportunity contact: Rob at Fogerty Arena 763-780-3328